This is the professional website and blog of Roy Richard Rogers.
- Roy Rogers is his real name. His full name is Roy Richard Rogers Jr.
- Roy is not related to the restaurant or the cowboy… and yes, he has heard that joke before.
- Roy is a PhD candidate in Early American History at The Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He received his MA in History from George Mason University in 2010. His undergraduate degree is from Shepherd University.
- I am currently a social studies teacher at YESPhilly in Philadelphia, PA.
- Roy is currently working on a dissertation on law, politics, and denominational competition in the early national Chesapeake.
- Roy is a co-founder of the The Junto: A Group Blog on Early American History.
- Roy’s scholarly interests include: American politics, American religious history, the Early American Republic, political culture, the Upper South (particularly: Virginia & Maryland), and gender history (particularly: masculinity).
- His non-scholarly interests include: television, science fiction (we’re talking about Star Wars here), veganism, gaming (especially role playing games), Harry Potter, fandom and fan culture, comic books, and current American politics.
- Writing in third person is hard.
- An online version of his CV can be found here.
Roy can be contacted via e-mail: royrichardrogers [@at@] gmail.com.
If Roy really strikes your fancy, you can find the rest of his online presence here.